This system finishes was created by Ewald Doerken AG.
Highly corrosion resistant coating consists of a lower base layer containing zinc flake and a top layer seal and or torque modifying coat., which may be colored or contain a lubricant. Applications using the method of dip spin, dip drain or spray achieves complete coverage of parts.
Delta Protekt KL100
It is a direct substitute Delta Tone 9000. This finish, by immersing the part in the bath, covers the entire surface of the object. For small parts, collectively edited, The excess paint removed by centrifugation, in order to ensure a solid surface (even better than the electroplating).
The paint is cured at a temperature of about 200 °C, during which time a compact dry silver-gray barrier corrosion resistant. Due to the high density of zinc lamella remains conductive layer.
Delta Protekt VH300/VH301GZ/VH302GZ
This coating has an improved look, and also higher resistance to corrosion by the application of the special top transparent coating. The topcoat also regulates torque range, and thereby adjusts the value of the friction to the desired range.
Due to low temperature curing Delta Protect ideal for surface treatment of thin components, such as clamps and springs, which is crucial to avoid high temperatures during tempering.
Finishing Delta Protect is especially suitable for substrates of steel.
Delta® – Seal GZ
The upper organic sealing coating with the addition of lubricant is applied to the primer Delta Protect KL 100. Contains no heavy metals, such as. hexavalent chromium, and thus complies with applicable European standards 2000/53 / EC and 2002/95 / EC. Using this top coat is improved corrosion resistance and modifies the surface properties and other, such as coefficient of friction to a value of 0.09 to 0.14; resistance to some chemicals, abrasion resistance and is also suitable as a topcoat on electroplated underlayer. The applied thickness is 4-6 microns. The company offers Anocote the topcoat in silver and black. Along with applying the base coat Delta Protect KL 100 can achieve corrosion resistance 720 until 1200 hours NSS.
Corrosion resistance from 240 to 840 hours in a salt spray chamber per ASTM B117 or BS 7479.
• excellent corrosion resistance
• cathodic protection of steel parts
• non-electrolytic chemical treatments consisting of zinc mikrolamel
• small thickness of the applied layer
• barrier protection
• the coating does not cause hydrogen embrittlement
• Good bimetallic protection when in contact with aluminum
Technical regulations for Delta-Protekt are:
• TL 245 (VW)
• GM Opel – 00255
• GMW 3359
• B.S. 7371 Pt. 11
• Rover RES 21.ZS.05
• Ford S442
• BMW GS90010 ZNS2, ZNS3
• DBL 8440, 9440, 9441
Devices require a thorough cleaning of the surface prior to application. Unlike other coatings do not require phosphating of zinc. Application is carried out in three ways:
1. Bulk deposition by soaking in a basket and spun excess paint. This process repeats twice, to ensure a uniform layer and the solid surface. (Dip-Spin)
2. For larger parts suspension method is used, wetting followed by centrifugation to remove excess paint colors. (Dip Drain)
3. Spraying uses traditional robotic spray technology. This method is used for partial treatment of larger parts, such as. brake discs, and also for the uniform surface treatment of recessed portions, at risk of fouling paint.
After each of the above procedures, followed by thermal treatment for surface hardening.